Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My life has been so busy with school, work, and everything else in between. So I haven't had time to post anything, besides I don't think I've got that "avid blogger" going yet.

Anyways,
I have been really wanting to go abroad and study or just put in some philanthropy abroad in an orphanage. A friend of a friend just recently left for a three month stay with an organization called Where There Be Dragons, where she will be trekking through the Himalayas along with home stay, independent studies, and service learning. If you are at all interested in the program, you can go here. While I can't afford to do the three month stay because it is somewhere around $15,000, I really want to try and do the summer program which I still can't afford. BUT, there are multiple ways I am going to try and make money so that I can make it possible for me to go and I am also going to see if I can get a scholarship. If I can't make enough money than I plan on finding a program where I can work an orphanage. It sounds silly to choose one over but I know that I will always be able to volunteer where as the program for Where There Be Dragons only excepts people up to the age of 22.

Ways I am going to make money:

1. I just started making things for an etsy shop to sell, all the profits will go into a savings account
2. Take less classes next semester
3. Move back into my Dad's so that I don't have to pay rent
4. Work more hours and possibly get another job
5. Try and get a scholarship

This has been a dream of mine for some time and I really want to make it come true!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Paris! Just saw your post and think it's so cool that you want to travel abroad and work in an orphanage. I am spending some time in India myself right now and it's the best experience ever...so whatever you can do to make it happen, do it! You won't regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so, I have multiple friends that have the opportunity to do so and they have all said it was one of the best experiences they've had. Thank you so much for the encouragement!

    Paris

    ReplyDelete